ArduRover 6x6 works !

Hi all:

First public pictures of my 6x6 test bed. I am using a modified Wild Thumper chassis with an Arduino mega + motor shield driving the 6 motors. APM2.5 + LEO6H + 2.30(?) + MP 1.2.30 + 3DR wireless link. I also have Wixel wireless link to the Arduino so I can reprogram and debug without the need to hook and unhook USB cables.

I use three forward facing sonars for obstacle avoidance. One front bumper push switch (emergency collision stop). One rear facing sonar. I am going to add some IR sensors to compliment the sonars and also a cliff detection sensor. Any ideas on implementing a good cliff detector appreciated !

I have a Foscam wireless camera with integral pan and tilt. This can be controlled by ground station PC.You can do some rudimentary image processing on the ground station PC. We are all waiting for raspberry pi image processsing hadware.

It runs good auto (depending on satellite accuracy available). Obstacle avoidance is fair - needs more robust behaviour. I cannot get LEARN to work in the current setup. Maybe the developer gods will figure it out. My intention is not to muck around in the Ardurover code, but use my Arduino to arbitrate the nav output from the APM before it goes to the motors. This way I know exactly what the system is doing.

Thanks to everyone on the forum, especially TCIII.

_ Vijay

3690995667?profile=original

3690995709?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3692638192?profile=original

Here is a shot of my Rover using the wildthumper goes to waypoints and delvers payload of nerf rockets!

• Nice job Vijay!

I have a black Foscam and initially considered putting that on my 6WD 'bot.  Looks like a Logitech USB cam will do the job, and can be plugged into my on-board mini-ITX, or the camera. 

3692620054?profile=originalNot installed is the mini-ITX and sensor tower.

Alan KM6VV

• Congratulations Vijay. Very Impressive. Best of luck.

• Developer

Hi Vijay,

Looks very nice!!

Wish you good luck at the RoboMagellan :)

Regards,

Linus

• Admin

Hi Vijay,

Looks good. Nice start for RoboMagellan. As you say, now all we need is a Raspberry Pi/camera for good object detection!

Regards,

TCIII

This reply was deleted.