Admin

Hi All,

I have started this discussion to help members, like myself, who have really had only limited experience with the Mission Planner (MP).

Since the MP can download the latest or any version of the ArduRover code, how can we modify the code to define which APM (APM1 or APM2) we are using or whether the Oilpan is attached (LITE = DISABLED)?

I have downloaded and modified version 2.20a of the ArduRover code to define my hardware configuration and loaded it into my APM1 using the Arduino IDE. However, the version 2.20b code that the MP can download does not seem to be available on the downloads and must therefore be in the git. My question is: of what use is the MP Ardurover firmware download capability if we cannot modify the code to reflect our hardware configuration prior to the download? Or am I missing something here?

The programming instructions of the ArduRover are somewhat sketchy in the ArduRover Wiki and it would be greatly appreicated if members who have successfully configured their ArduRovers using the MP could chime in here with some timely advice and direction.

Regards,

TCIII 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• @thomas. and anyone else with similar setup.
    u use 5000mah batterys x 2 right ?. how long they last u ? do u use wheelchair.motors?
    i know i can calculate but nothing is betr then a real test. are those batterys betr then lawn tractor batterys ?
    my new saber shd com on tuesday :) so hopefuly it works for me. oh and my failsafe works i.check on.mission planner cli. so the last prob was the.sabertooth holding the pwm value even tho.i.had the dip 6 switch off...weird but oh wel sending it bak for repairs.hopefully its free lol.but cant wait to get this goin.
  • yea il try tonite. but i mite get another controller. not sure which one. the scorpion looks gd. its exact same. but has fan n a case. which is a nice touch.so nt sure now since uv had no problems.
  • @thomas from your apm to your sabertooth...u used a 3 wire servo cable and used the neutral and signal from sabertooth ? to goto output on apm signal and neutral ? coz mine is still running even tho i turn off receiver.

• well everyone finally got my battery , power module and charge sitting next to me while i eat some food , 3 hours sleep im just to excited but gota eat first then after my test ill try and sleep b4 work . so hopefully all this works .its been a long road thanx to alot of people on here (thats if it works) :P. wish me luck :)

• Admin

@Vijay,

When you went to the new transmitter, did you recalibrate the mode switch in the CLI and did you verify that the flight modes from 1 -6 are auto, auto, stabilize(learning), stabilize(learning), manual, manual?

Regards,

TCIII

• Hi,

I'm new to this and I am setting up an Arducopter, but to get the hang of it I'm doing a Rover....

And for the moment I feel like throwing all out by the window. Mission planner is driving me crazy !

I have finally found the Rover Firmware 2.3, loaded it with Arduino IDE ( i'm not new to arduino) into my APM 2.5.

But when connected with MP it does not show the Rover PIDs, does not keep the flight mode settings and once every 3 times i start MP I do get the car instead of the plane showing up on the map.

I tryied with USB, with 3DR radio, but all the same results......

But when i connect my RX and 2 servos, I do get the correct response, fwd/reverse + left/right.

So the FW is loaded, but the MP (latest version 1.2.33) does not work properly.

And all works perfect when connected to my quadcopter (coorect FW loaded as well ;) )

Tnx for the help......

• @thomas
    did u at all edit ur sabertooth to change auto calibration to disable. i think thats why. since i turn everything on at once.ill give a shot wen i get home. fingers crossed.
  • is it possible to.power apm unit from the arduino unit ?
  • @thomas.
    i know wat ur saying and yes that does work for me to. altho. wat happens if i get outa range or accidently turn off controller lol. and robot runs away lmao......id just run inside ...thats nt mine officer try next door .lol
    maybe i shd get a bec then just to.power the apm.do i need a charger aswell ? shd i get power module aswell ?
  • @thomas

well man it all works now except of course....when i turn off reciever/controler the motors keep spinning. or if i start everything up and reciever/controller isnt on, motors spin real fast. now ive tried turning the failsafe thing on but i dont really see any confirmation on the mission planner that its on ...other then the fact that i can see my throttle drop below 1200. ive tried screwing around with dip switches coz iv had this problem b4 but its not the sabertooth i connected directly to it with receiver/controller and its fine.so for some reason the apm unit is holding values and sending to output.on my controller/receiver theres a bind range test , i havnt screwed around with that as of yet, because iv had this working b4 i got the apm unit.so yea new problem now :) every day something new.so of course any ideas would b very helpful i know maybe this isnt the right forum but i find everyone here isnt pretty good with all of this.

This reply was deleted.