Joystick and Python Scripts

Hi All,

Before I pull the rest of my hair out, can anyone confirm for me that the joystick does not work for steering or throttle and that python scripts do not work. Using MP 1.2.98.(3) beta scripts don't crash MP anymore but they also don't do anything except echo text.

I have spent days trying everything to get the joystick function working but can't.

I am using Mission Planner 1.2.98.3  (began w/1.2.98)
APM Rover 2.45 firmware

For the Joystick I have tried: Multiple computers, multiple joysticks, 32 and 64 bit environments (win 7), multiple MP versions (reverted to early January) - no luck. Programmed buttons on the joystick do work, the sticks don't but in the calibration (MP joystick setup) all functions appear to work perfectly.  :/

Any help/feedback would be much appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I finally got it working after a complete parameter reset to defaults.

Still need to analyse the config differences.

The RCMAP settings don't behave quite as expected so make sure you assign ALL the channels to begin with.

Observe rcoverridech to verify the joystick is being at least recognised.
    • Admin

@MikeRover,

Good work!

Glad to hear that you got it working!

Nothing like the sweet smell of success:-)

Regards,

TCIII Autonomous Vehicle Developer

• I've got the same problem.  I'm trying to get my little 1/16 car setup to run on a gamepad.

It's all setup fine with latest beta FW and beta MP, and works with RC.

When I enable the joysick, the sliders move on the joystick page, but nothing happens to the rc outputs.

I can successfully use buttons on the joystick to change modes, and even set channel 8 PWM to 1100 or 1900 with different buttons.  However NOTHING works on the channels covered by my receiver - 1-7.

Ideas?

• Admin

@MikeRover,

Unfortunately I can be of no help here as this is probably a firmware issue that Tridge will have to straighten out.

As soon as Tridge is available, I am sure that he will get this issue straightened out.

Regards,

TCIII Autonomous Vehicle Developer

• I'm totally new at this since buying my APM 2.6 a month ago and while still looking for the answer to my joystick problem I was reading the missionplanner.log file and found 100 instances of things like this:

2014-03-24 22:36:03,067  INFO MissionPlanner.Joystick.Joystick - test name Y old 32767 new 32767  (c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\Joystick\Joystick.cs:300) [Base Thread]

Notice the path, I wonder if this could be the problem? as the user 'hog' must be the developer. It's not an account on my machine and I don't have Visual Studio. There are a few of these including tracking.cs and mainv2.cs - maybe I'm off track I don't know..

How can I report this to the developer? Is anyone out there?

This reply was deleted.