BBBmini Rev. 1.6 wish list

Hello,

this is the next BBBmini Rev. 1.6 wish list. After discussion I will sort the requests into YES, MAYBE, NO.

YES:

• Add second IMU
  • Add I2C bus pull up resistors
  • Add WS2812 LED support
  • Remove HC-SR04 support (results are not as expected)
  • Add Buzzer support
  • Add Power button header
  • Add Level shifter / remove resistor voltage divider

MAYBE:

• Switch to 1206 SMD parts, because there is not enough space left on the PCB

NO:

• rfm23bp support (HF and no driver yet)
  • Reduce PWM channels
  • IMU heating
  • Remove CAN bus support
  • Change PCB outline for BeagleBone Green Wireless

Regards

Mirko

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I sent you PM...... LoL decisions/decisions so many variables so little time, what a great hobby..........................thanks for the offer on that board Pat.

Patrick Poirier said:

Salut Réjean,
    I have a unused 1.5 board sitting on my bench, I can ship it to you
    Just PM me your address and get your soldering iron ready :-)
  • Salut Réjean,
    I have a unused 1.5 board sitting on my bench, I can ship it to you
    Just PM me your address and get your soldering iron ready :-)
  • Thanks Mirko for your response, much appreciated. Ya sorry I had assumed that BBBmini kits were yours but now I see that Linus is the author of bbbmini.com

So what about the KICAD schematics on GitHUB  ( https://github.com/mirkix/BBBMINI-PCB ), any plans for a 1.6 version to be released in the near future?

I want to continue with the ardupilot flight code, my APM 2.6 has served me well over the years and like to scratch build most of my flying projects and being a Ubuntu user I am thus interested in your bbbmini approach with the beaglebone green system.

Mirko Denecke said:

Hi Rejean,

there is no Rev 1.6 BBBmini available at the moment. If you order your BBBmini kit at bbbmini.com, that is not my page, I do not sell BBBmini kits.

Best Regards

Mirko

Rejean Boucher said:

Mirko, will the next BBBmini kit shipments (March) have PCB version 1.6 or 1.5?

Rej

About the BBBmini DIY Linux Autopilot project
    The BBBmini is a low-cost, open-source Linux autopilot based on the APM flight stack and the BeagleBone Black cape build by Mirko Denecke. The BBBmin…
  • Hi Rejean,

there is no Rev 1.6 BBBmini available at the moment. If you order your BBBmini kit at bbbmini.com, that is not my page, I do not sell BBBmini kits.

Best Regards

Mirko

Rejean Boucher said:

Mirko, will the next BBBmini kit shipments (March) have PCB version 1.6 or 1.5?

Rej

About the BBBmini DIY Linux Autopilot project
    The BBBmini is a low-cost, open-source Linux autopilot based on the APM flight stack and the BeagleBone Black cape build by Mirko Denecke. The BBBmin…
  • Mirko, will the next BBBmini kit shipments (March) have PCB version 1.6 or 1.5?

Rej

• Hi Tim,

it is not to late, Rev 1.6 is not ready now, but will be in 2016.

Regards

Mirko

• Looks like I'm a bit late to the discussion...

My suggestion would be to include SMD footprints for DF13/Picoblade sockets to match those provided by the PixHawk.  Keep the existing 0.1" headers on the board but provide the option to use standard connectors. 

Love the board!

• Developer

I will buy one and test it on a rover :) Thanks Patrick for the hint!

• Linus said:

I am voting for leaving CANBUS on the Board as i want to test it when more cheap CAN ESC's show up. Its just that no one developed a ~50€ version yet.

It is now available... How can we justify that spending 360$ on esc might really do a difference ?

Zubax Robotics Orel 20 ESC, BLDC Motor Controller, CAN, 20A, 9-18V, PX4 Sapog

Brand: Zubax Robotics
    Product Code: Z20ESC918
    Availability: 95
    $79.00

• Hello Mirko,

That's right, this is an important feature for both fun and safety, are you planning to use this ? : https://github.com/Yona-Appletree/LEDscape

Anemos Tech,  your suggestion is interesting, but these are no longer available. Here is an update from Robotshop concerning on the new -still to come ''Garminised'' release 3 : 

Message from Customer service: Garmin and Pulsed light are currently working on a new and improve version of the Lidar Lite. The newer model, LIDAR-Lite v3, will be using a different chip for the signal processing and interface. This is mostly due to the many issues the previous chip had related to I2C bus handling and other less noticeable problems.

Yona-Appletree/LEDscape
    Beagle Bone Black cape and firmware for driving a large number of WS281x LED strips. - Yona-Appletree/LEDscape
This reply was deleted.