Replies

• Unfortunately it doesn't look like nl80211 supports AC.

• Apparently not yet, in the meantime you can get  802.11a based chipsets that gives pretty good throughput.

Hopefully we will get an Atheros or Broadcom  AC based usb dongle soon ;-)

• Pretty tight filter

small/light

external ant

high bandwidth

debian driver

nl80211 compliant

If it were easy everyone would be doing it, right?

• Yep ,

Welcome in the DIY Zone... 50 hours of bench for 1 hour of fly :-)

• Mike, can you try:

iw phy phy0 info
    or iw phy phy1 info
    may you have first to del wlan2 with:
    iw dev wlan2 del

Regards

Mirko

• I deleted wlan2 but no change, still returns the same error when trying to create ah0.

I think it is a bad nic driver. Everything works if I use another nic with only 2.4ghz band. The 8812AU driver works with a 5GHZ Dlink AP so the 5GHz band functions but none of the iw commands work with this AC nic.

I can list with iw list and it shows the 5GHz freqs but still will not configure the AD-HOC network which works fine on the 2.4ghz nic 0bd:8178 rtl8188cus.

Too bad because I bought a lot of nics to find this small one with external ant and 600mbs bandwidth on 11AC.

Thanks very much for the help, clearly I would have never gotten it to work.

Back to the drawing board.

• Ok, try to get a RT5572 usb wifi stick, than it should work.

• Hello,

after compiling the master version, I got this error message. "Can not read PROM".

I am totally new in this environment, you know where can I start?

uname -a

Linux beaglebone 4.1.18-bone-rt-r19 #1 Tue Feb 16 23:23:35 UTC 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

root@beaglebone:/usr/src/ardupilot/ArduCopter# ./ArduCopter.elf

Init APM:Copter V3.4-dev (0b26a34f)

Free RAM: 262144
    FW Ver: 120
    ----------------------------------------

Can't read PROM
    load_all took 11us
    root@beaglebone:/usr/src/ardupilot/ArduCopter#

• Hi,

I had the same problem on Friday.   This was resolved  when I plugged in the BBBmini cape into the BeagleBone.

Then the Quad was fully operational.

David

• Until someone more qualified responds I'll give it a try. When I followed Mirko's instructions my code was installed in the home directory of the default user Debian on the BBB. Also Mirko starts ArduCopter.elf from that home directory and doing as you have may cause the program to not be able to find or have permission to execute.
      Yours is installed in /usr/src. You may have a path or permission issue.

sudo ardupilot/ArduCopter/ArduCopter.elf -C udp:192.168.178.26:14550 -B /dev/ttyO5

vs

:/usr/src/ardupilot/ArduCopter# ./ArduCopter.elf

You are in the ArduCopter directory when you execute vs the directory above ardupilot.

This reply was deleted.