Tested hardware for BBBMINI

This is a list of tested hardware for the BBBMINI. If you have other hardware in use, please let me know, so I can update the list.

RC Receiver

• FlySky FS-R9B with PPM-Encoder,
  • Frsky X8R, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), latest X8R firmware required
  • Frsky X4RSB, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), latest X4RSB firmware required
  • Frsky D4R-II, via CPPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • OrangeRX R615X, via CPPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • OrangeRX R620, via S.BUS, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • Spektrum AR7700 PPM, 5V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)
  • Spektrum Satellit SPM 9645, 3.3V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open), has to be bind before use
  • Turnigy 9x 8C V2, 5V VCC with PPM-Encoder (Arduino nano), R4 = 1k Ohm, R5 = 2k Ohm

GPS

• Drotek Ublox NEO-M8N GPS module, 3.3V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • Hobbyking Ublox NEO-7 GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • MAX-7Q Ublox Neo-7Q GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • BeStar BN-800, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • BeStar BN-880, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
  • Neo 6M GPS module, 3.3 V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)

Telemetry

• 3DR USB-Radio connected to BBB USB port, (-C /dev/ttyUSB0)
  • 3DR UART-Radio connected to UART4, 5V VCC, (-C /dev/ttyO4)
  • Crius Bluetooth Module connected to UART4, 5V VCC, (-C /dev/rttyO4), baudrate must be set to 57600 (AT+BAUD7)

Laser altimeter

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Vinicius, could you tell me the value of R4 and R5 please.

Regards

Mirko

• An update,

I was flying yesterday for first time and I was with an issue. Sometimes the controls are not been working, for instance, I try a yaw for some degrees and the command was ignored. In first impression was just a Yaw problem, but testing - my total time was around 15 minutes, I see this happens for all commands.

I was looking logs and I didn't see anything wrong, so my next step is first, change the PPM Encoder for a second model, and then use a DR8-II receiver - I ordered some cables to update firmware and can use ppm encoding directly from the receiver.

BTW, this frame is my test frame, so with same setup I tried Crius 1.1, Crius 2.0, Apm 2.6, Naze 32 and the bests results was with BBB Mini - extremely stable and precise - even with this minor issue of control.

Regards and congratz 

• Hello Vinicius,

can you provide an logfile (/var/APM/logs)? You can try to compile and run ardupilot/libraries/AP_HAL/examples/RCInput (make bbbmini and execute sudo ./RCInput.elf) for debugging. I had similar problems with an old firmware at FrSky receivers.

Regards

Mirko

• Hi Mirko, I'm using 2k2 and

• Hi,

I can add three GPS's to the list.

• MAX-7Q Ublox Neo-7Q GPS module, 5V VCC, (-B /dev/ttyO5)
    • BeStar BN-800, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5)
    • BeStar BN-880, Ublox M8N GPS Module (clone I think but reports as M8N), 5V VCC (-B /dev/ttyO5) (same as above, just has a compass chip - I haven't verified the compass - will do so in the next few days)

Regards,

Chris

• Hi Group!!!

My hardware tested

RC Receiver

• Turnigy 9x 8C V2 (5v) with PPM-Encoder (Arduino nano and software Buzz)

GPS

• Neo 7 (Hobbyking)

Telemetry

• Bluetooth Module (5v) 115200 bps

ESC

• Turnigy Plush 30A Flashed with BLHeli

Motor

• AX-2810Q 

Propeller

• Genfan 1045

Regards

Damian

• Thanks Damian

• Which values do you use for R4 and R5?
      • Do you have a link for further information about the PPM-Encoder?
      • VCC from Neo 7?

Regards

Mirko

• Hi Mirko!!!

Regards

Damian

davidbuzz/BuzzsArduinoCode
      Buzzs collection of Arduino "Scripts", code, samples, and stuff. - davidbuzz/BuzzsArduinoCode
  • RC Receiver

OrangeRX R615X and R815, via S.BUS, 3.3V VCC, R4 = 0 Ohm, R5 = not used (open)

Telemetry:

When I get some spare time I'll also test out my RFD900 radios.....  May take me a week or two to get to it.

This reply was deleted.