3DR Telemetry

The IRIS onboard radio does not communicate with the 915 MHz 3DR Radio connected to a PC running Mission Planner. Direct USB cable to PixHawk does work. The onboard telemetry radio is unmarked.What is the best way to determine if the onboard telemetry is transmitting on 915 MHz not 433 MHz?The original purchase order was 433 MHz, but changed before shipping to 915 MHz. Could the order have shipped with mismatched radios?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3DR radios should have colored stickers on the antennas.

I believe that blue is 915 and red is 433 though that could be the other way around.

I'm at work at the moment so I cannot confirm but that's a quick way to check.  Another way to check is that the radios have 915 or 433 printed on them.  It's 3 screws to remove the IRIS's case so you can check that way too.  I guess the 3rd way to check is to plug in the usb and then take a look at the radios using Mission Planner and see what they're showing up as in there.  The display should show that they're 915 and then what id they're using.

-Mike

• Mike, thanks. Both antennas have red dots. But, 3D Robotics also sent me blue dot antennas. Part of the confusion over the original change order.
This reply was deleted.