Replies

• Hi jake,

need to chat with you about same.. considering same action

hzl

• Hotel,

Just curious. What kinda problems are you having? Mine are so numerous it would take pages. 

I fully agree with Grandpa. They should have listened closer to the customers that bought the first consumer versions back at the first of the year.

They are willing to supply parts under warranty but that only supports our multitudes of troubleshooting efforts.

mp

• Hmm, was it this $90 battery?  (4400mAh Thunderpower)

THP44003SPP25

I just ordered one and hoped it would get me to 15 minutes.  Perhaps not..

Would love to see test results from someone trying carbon fiber.  Or maybe custom 10.25in props (leaving just a few mm between).

• It was the Thunderpro G6 pro 3850mah 45C. It was on the shelf at my local hobby shop. I know the G8 is out now but it costs even more. I get a solid 13 minutes with no payload. 

I have flight logs and battery charge logs for every batt charge and flight on the Iris if your interested. I've even down 15amp drawdown test with the Iris strapped down. That battery was 20% better than the stock batts. Might be able to get same performance on a cheaper battery. That's what I'm looking for now.

mp

• I have a set of 3 bladed props I am going to test out as soon as the weather gets better and I can find the time.  Also have a set of carbon fiber to try. I would like to try a set of the new dji phantom style props if I can find adapters. I think those may be the ticket.

I certainly would like to know how 3dr got 15 minutes of flight time from the iris. I cant even get ten, but I have not had anything close optimum operating temperatures yet

• Just FYI, I got 16 minutes in the air with my gopro, on the zippy 3s 5000mah.  I think it's only $50 bucks.

• so beau

was that  16 min with or without gimbal?

confirmation needed before I order I was also thinking about 4S instead as the craft is quite heavy with gimbal +fpv gear

HZL

• Without the gimbal and without fpv gear.  Just a gopro on the front with the waterproof shell on.  Which, btw, is causing 'center of gravity problems' that result in bad altitude hold in Loiter and Alt hold, making it impossible to fpv anyway.   

• without gimbal. never will see 15 minutes on it with the gimbal, with the motor, prop, and battery combo that's on it now. even ten would be pushing it.

• I tend to agree based on my own testing.. and I was looking for confirmation one way or the other from beau. I was actually getting ready to try using 4 CF rods 4 of them would make the diameter of an arrow shaft, as landing gear, I am also thinking about removing the top and bottom shells entirely and fabricating another deck on top with a mast for the GPS and/or fabricating  external battery holders for 2x4s at 3000ma.(depends on the weight). probably best to think about a bigger craft instead.

really should just build up another craft instead.

HZL

This reply was deleted.