Anyone had problem ordering from 3DR store?

Hi everyone,

I need your help for my order from 3DR store.

I have ordered IRIS+ back in 19 May 2015.
It has passed for about a month now but it didn't even start to ship.

If I see the tracking information that they have given me, it just says "Label created".
When I called FedEx they said that they haven't received the package.
So I have created couple of tickets in 3DR site, and sent several emails complaining
about the delayed shipment, but they are not answering.

Anyone had similar experience?

If you did, how or to whom did you contact to solve the issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I hate to add to the list, but I've had some serious issues as well. I ordered a Pixhawk more than 3 weeks ago through a local reseller. At the time they told me they didn't have any but some were to come in "any day".  Well here we are three weeks later,  called them again today and I got the same response. They are out of stock at 3DR, should be "any day" ... So resellers also apparently have similar problems.

Meanwhile  I've read that stock is replenished regularly and it's never more than 3-5 days away? So what is now the current expected wait time?

I think it'd be good if 3DR added some information besides "out of stock" or not. Something like "expected availability on x/y ...

I really want to buy this one from 3DR as this is for a customer and I'd like full support for them. But frankly given the premium price over clones it's disappointing to find out that  prompt delivery is not included in that price right now ...

Vu Tran, sending you an e-mail. Thanks.

• 3D Robotics

Hi John,

We've added the back order capability back in the store now.  I apologize for the frustration as we implement our new site.  

For Pixhawks, we get new inventory almost every day and every day we pretty much sell out so in the store, it shows as out of stock.  However, if you order (now that you can), we'll be able to fill your order within 3-5 business days when the new shipments come in.  

For special urgent cases, you can always reach out to me and I'll see what I can do to expedite your order.

• Distributor

Hi Vu,

I can't use the back order capability of the store (tried to order the uBlox GPS)

best regards

Felix

• 3D Robotics

Hi Felix,

You should be able to order that now.

• 3D Robotics

Hi Felix,

We'll get that fixed on tomorrow.  Sorry about that!

• Distributor

Same here. Still no stock level indicator. And why we use this thread to communicate with 3DR in these matters is beyond me (well, not really since it seems to be the only working channel).

• 3D Robotics

If it's out of stock, it will show out of stock. If it doesn't show that it's in stock. We don't plan to show exact stock levels anytime soon (it's not meaningful if customers don't know order volume)

• Distributor

See it now. sorry for that. Should have tested on some more products before bursting out.

• Vu, thanks for the quick response. Successfully ordered!

• This reply is not necessarily related to the IRIS specifically, but related to 3DR customer service.

It seems like in the course of expanding operations, 3DRobotics has sacrificed their core principles in order to sell new product. 

I own a Pixhawk flight controller, and I need to order a couple of new cables amounting to $3.00. However, they have recently revamped their web site and online store with the release of the Solo quad-copter. Now, the only shipping option is FedEx for $10.00. 

Maybe Vu Tran and Chris Anderson can chime in on this, but why isn't there a cheaper shipping option for smaller orders? I feel like you guys (not you two specifically, but 3DR in general) are not paying attention to the customers in many cases, and that's why this thread was started. 

I emailed customer service, and just now had an actual phone call with customer service. Both, ended a response like, "sir, the only shipping option is FedEx"; to which I replied, "I know, that's why I'm contacting you. I'd like to see if you can do something about that."

I'm not optimistic that anything will change, but let it be known that in the race to out-do DJI you guys seem to be leaving your existing customers in the dust, and it's making them a little angry.

This reply was deleted.