Anyone had problem ordering from 3DR store?

Hi everyone,

I need your help for my order from 3DR store.

I have ordered IRIS+ back in 19 May 2015.
It has passed for about a month now but it didn't even start to ship.

If I see the tracking information that they have given me, it just says "Label created".
When I called FedEx they said that they haven't received the package.
So I have created couple of tickets in 3DR site, and sent several emails complaining
about the delayed shipment, but they are not answering.

Anyone had similar experience?

If you did, how or to whom did you contact to solve the issue?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yup!!!!!! I ordered a couple of small parts over a month ago and same thing. No reply, no nothing. You should call them, cancel the order and order thru amazon. I had 2 iris's delivered in 3 days. Couple months ago 3dr was doing okay on shipping stuff but now they suck.....hmmm feeling the old days with DJI!!!! Im wondering if the solo roll out is bogging them down. Something has made their service SUCK! I hope the 3dr rep on this site sees this!!!!

Good luck and sorry to hear about your bad service!!!!

• They have, according to their support dept, a big shipping backlog out of their Otay Mesa warehouse in San Diego... the Solo is shipping ahead of just about anything else, unless its small stuff.

I received replacement parts about a month after order, and new parts about 5 days after order.  My replacement Iris+ will take nearly 7 weeks to return after I shipped the broken unit to them per their request.

The good news is that they ship from San Diego, not China.  Iris+ assembly is in Tijuana... so they can crank out volume as needed.... seemingly.

• 3D Robotics

Hi David,

Can you send me an email at vu@3dr.com with your order number?  I'd like to follow up and ensure that you get your order in a timely manner.

I'd also like to follow up on your replacement IRIS+ as 7 weeks is a very long time.  Our current time estimate for the repair shop is less than 5 business days from when we receive it in our repair department.

• Same problem. Ordered  an Iris+ 17th of May. Received shipment one month later. The actual Fed ex was really fast, but until it went into shipping state, it took 3-4 weeks. I asked twice the support via email and honestly the replies were not helpful. They would not give me an estimated shipment date.

I guess currently there are too many orders to be processed? Maybe the Solo introduction?

However. Now all is here at my place. So all good.

• check this out..whenever I contact 3dr get a message saying that it has been processed. If you notice the date on when the shipping label was created....5-20! WTF? Had 2 of their custom service reps message with the same tracking number but no parts shipped!!!!3702574625?profile=original

• Distributor

Same story here. Ordered on 25 may. Something was backordered. (since there is no indication if a product is in stock you are ordering in the dark. Huge drawback for distributors). Created a ticket after about 2 weeks asking the to remove whatever was backordered so they could ship. No answer on that one. Called about a week ago and got information that everything is in stock.

It should not have to take a week to push an order through the logistics (if not everyone is busy assembling display stands to be able to fulfil 3DR's wet dream to have stuff at Best Buy of course.)

The only way i know to get any form of reliable contact with 3DR is by yelling on Vu on Facebook, but that is not the way it should work.

Please fix the supply chain for us little guys. Thanks

• 3D Robotics

Yes, you're absolutely right.  We're in the final phases of fixing it.  It should be resolve very soon.

• Vu Tran, I am very disappointed you sent me an email asking me what I wanted after reading my order? I emailed you back telling you what I preferred never got a response than I did 3DR telling me that the new tx's would take 2 weeks to be in stock and that I was being shipped a refurbished tx!. That is not what I was supposed to get and you asked me what I wanted and I told you now I was supposedly sent a used tx! To me that just not seem right !.

• 3D Robotics

Hi David, 

I think I know what happened. It's just a communication mix up on our end.  I gave my team member explicit instructions to fulfill your request.   I'll double check with them when they get in the office.

It's probably that the team member I'm working with is a different member from the one who answered your ticket. We have over 50 people in my support staff and I work with a small team for special requests.  

Don't worry, I got you covered.  :)

• Yes I have the same problems, ordered an iris + and some spare parts around May 20.
    I sendet many emails without getting any response.
    I have written with a guy from 3dr on facebook, he referred only to help@3dr.com who do not respond.
    here on June 16, I got a reply to tickets, but he just write that he it forward it in the company and I have not heard any more.
    It is enormously frustrating not to come in contact with the company, and it works very unprofessional if this is 3dr customer service so I can not believe that they live so long.
    It seems that they have some good products, but what does it help when you can not get them. but the top is that you do not get any delivery date, and I get nervous they are cheating me, when you can not contact them.
    Now I give them a few more days to answer me, and if it does not happen I will cancel the order and warn everyone against doing business with the company.

This reply was deleted.