Gopro Hero 3 silver vs Hero 3+ silver

Reading on internet about the Gopro Hero 3+ silver's limited focal range: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2011658&page=22, etc.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? Can the Gopro Hero 3+ silver be used properly for aerial photography and filming?

If the Gopro Hero 3+ silver edition's focal range is indeed not suitable for aerial photography and filming, is it possible to mount the older Gopro Hero 3 silver edition to the IRIS with a Tarot T-2D Brushless Gimbal?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a Hero 3 Silver which worked fine until it found it's way to a meeting with water without its waterproof case...and well no more GoPro. I ended up going out and buying a new Hero 3+ Black and have yet to fly with it. The exterior case is exactly identical and as such any Hero 3 accessories (Tarot Gimbal included) will work with the Hero 3+ and vise-a-versa.
    The battery has increased in capacity, only slightly though.
  • I have heard about the close focus on some Hero 3+ cameras - and it is adjustable if you're fairly handy.  I received a 3+ Silver with my Iris last month and the focus at infinity isn't soft at all.  The older Hero 3's would work, but I've read the batteries drain faster than the current model.

This reply was deleted.