Had my first crash the other day..

All,

Had my first crash and wondered if the fine people here on the forum could help me figure out what I did wrong?

Had two great flights and gave it 15 minutes to cool down went to the start the third flight and had heck getting a gps lock, plugged and unplugged the battery three different times in three different spots about 20 feet apart to try and get a lock which happened on the fourth attempt.

Had 11 sats and 3d lock took off and hovered about 10 feet off the ground put it in loiter and all of a sudden it shot up 10 feet and I think I panicked and cut the throttle  and it hit the ground, shot up again and came down to bounce once more, with the telemetry radio hanging off of it. Broke both of the gimbal mounting plates and cut the wire harness from the gopro to the liveview tx.

I am attaching the bin file for analysis #60, as well as the previous flight #59

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! 

I will add the video of the doomed flight when I figure out why the latest update to gopro studio keeps crashing!

60.BIN

59.BIN

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The end of the run says Err: GPS-2, so I looked at the GPS graph and you went from 10 to 7 satellites, and HDOP went from 1.6 to 3 meters, but that was after everything went haywire.

From CTUN, your barometer kind of went nuts. GPS shows a wiggle of 3 to 8 meters altitude at around 9.5 to 10.5 minutes, but barometer drops to -1, then shoots to 8, then comes back down to 0 while GPS is still at 4. All that starts when you switched Alt Hold.

AHR2 says you went from 558 to 628 altitude in a tenth of a second! But that too was after the fact.

I'm new at this, so I don't know that much about how to read these logs. All I can say is something went wrong with your barometer, it looks like. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will arrive.

• Anyone?

This reply was deleted.