I'm looking into either finding or having a case made that fits the IRIS with props without the transmitter, with a custom cut foam interior. This case would also have room for 3 batteries and extra props etc. 

The dimensions that I am looking at are approximately 29" x 17" x 7" this gives a one inch border on all sides.

So far I have found a couple of Plastic cases with a minimum order of 1 that are close to size and a supplier who will custom cut the foam. These cases run about $200 case, $110 ester foam.

I am looking for cheaper case alternatives similar to http://www.xheli.com/al450hecacab.html, unfortunately most of these have a minimum order of at least 10. 

Is anyone else interested in one of these?

Steve

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Helicopter Joe, 

I contacted a company that does custom cut foam interiors for an IRIS case that would let the props stay on and include all the items and extra batteries. I am trying to set this up as a group buy and will post the details once the company gets back to me. 

• Hey Wbal,

What are the dimensions? Is it deep enough for the long legs? How much does the case cost?

That information would be really helpful, to help decide whether to wait for you or just do my own for cheaper.

ThanX!

• The request I made to them was a case deep enough for the legs and gimbal to be on it with the props attached and protected. I am offering them my IRIS kit for measuring and will post the details and cost as soon as they get back to me. My hope was for a group buy to get their interest and keep the cost low. A custom case for one item would be costly but if we can get 10 or 20 users interested the cost would go down.

• Followup, I don't fly with the long legs, but finding a case that will fit them would be fairly easy too. We could look at both options. 

This reply was deleted.