Every time my wife comes out while I am filming with the Iris+ it just starts behaving really weird, often ending up in a crash.  On 3 separate occasions its as if the damn thing switched itself into follow me mode, locked onto her, and "attacked."  At one point she actually ran back into the house and it tried to follow her right in - crashing into the house.

I can upload logs and video later but here is one such video from the most recent occurrence.  I was just goofing around, getting a little practice filming the kids and my wife decided to come out to join us.  Within about 30 seconds of her showing up, once again it tried to follow her and crashed into a tree.  

https://vimeo.com/123836555

This is getting very frustrating. Anyone had anything similar happen to them?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Does she have plasma shooting out of her mind? Wife aggro is directly related to interference with the compass.

• This reply was deleted.
    • No. Just an April's Fools joke. See the date on the original post. :-)

EDIT: Oh. If are you saying her wifi interferes with my flying the other times... I wish that were the case. She just distracts me, or I'm showing off too much, or it's purely been bad luck.
    • This all reminds me I should probably take that video down soon.
  • Video = Exactly the same way I crashed my IRIS+  (ㅠ..ㅠ)

• Yeah. It happens to the best of us. In this case the snow I was standing on gave out beneath me. (I was on snow shoes). By the time I regained my balance... too late. Luckily not much damage.
  • Actually, the "Great God of Multicopters" has a real sense of humor and his favorite pastime is making husbands with quadcopters look totally inept in front of their wives.

Been There Done That!

• Download Tower 4.1 go to settings 》modes 》single / family / divorced and switch to family mode. that should take care of it. I realized that Iris is usually set to single mode and the only way I could change it was using Tower 4.1
    • LMAO Joe.   Nice.....

Beautiful Video Erik.  I'm totally jealous.  I do get to travel with work and see some very pretty places but now my iris is a big paperweight.

• Hilarious.  Classic.

• So I've gotten a few messages and emails about this. I guess I should point out to some of the international readers that in the US, April 1st is called April Fools Day. It's a joke. My Iris+ doesn't have feelings for my wife.

Having said that, it's worth noting that it does seem to only crash if my wife is around... which of course, she finds hilarious.
This reply was deleted.