IRIS to IRIS + Upgrade nightmare

my IRIS become a nightmare...
I will not go int to new arms(IRIS+ Upgrade KIT ) vibrations... totally unusable...
The most concerning problem that I have is the out of SYNC between motors and ESC..
I did countless ESC calibrations...without any result...
The Iris is very very twitchy...and jumpy...
on the ground after arming motors are spinning kind of unregulated...
very unusual compared with the old motors...(from original IRIS).
and from time to time one motor decide not to spin...but  oscillate......and making a ticking noise...
That noise as a mater of fact is constant when I fly...pitch forward...back left or right...and ticking noise is everywhere...
Yes I have did many ESC calibrations...Check the connections...bearings..without any solution..

During the flight....( with original APC propellers) constantly loosing altitude...and seems like motors are loosing speed...and make the quad jumpy...
I appreciate any member help/advice...as I'm deeply concern that this IRIS to IRIS + upgrade was a waste of money...
I already put back the original IRIS arms...and I 'm thinking to swap back the original motors and ESC...as currently is very very twicky...
I appreciate forum members opinion before I do that.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It sounds like the new motor have open windings and that they are only working on a couple of phases.

The ESC's have no feed back as to whether the motors are spinning or not.  They only send voltage on a timed basis.

As soon as you notice this issue you should have ask for replacements.

Taking matters into your own hands may have cost you valuable time and money.

IRIS is a ready to fly product not a do it yourself put together.

• I have the Original Developer Edition IRIS.

with new pixhawk..and new IRIS + Upgrade kit..

Thanks for your input..I will wait to see what they have to say on Monday....

• 3D Robotics

Hi DEM GER,

I'm sorry you're having such a challenging time with the upgrade.  It definitely shouldn't be acting that way.  Have you tried contacting 3DR support?  Do you have a video or log you can send us?  We'll be glad to help you out.

This reply was deleted.