Land Waypoint with the IRIS+ question

I'm a recent convert from Phantom to IRIS+ so please excuse all the newbie questions.  I'm getting familiar with all the powers of the IRIS+...

If the altitude of my landing zone is different then my launch point by 100 feet how does the Land Waypoint adjust for that?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And congrats on the conversion! I've never flown a Phantom, what are the differences that stand out to you the most?

• When you arm the Iris it zeros the currently measured barometric pressure altitude to zero. It then uses that value as zero feet home altitude. If you land at an altitude that is higher than the home altitude it senses when the altitude measurement stops decreasing as it's landing. 

mp

• Thanks Mark!

Super helpful!!

• My understanding is that when auto landing the pixhawk (flight controller for the Iris if you didn't already know that) to an extent uses its barometer to judge altitudes. Landing is pretty simple though as it just reduces power and slowly shaves off altitude till it touches down. I dont think it uses the home alt as a reference point for where the ground is.

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/land-mode/

After checking the Land mode page from ArduCopter, which is pretty much the wiki for your quad.

It appears that the flight controller will recognize that it has landed, but wont disarm itself unless youre under 10m above home alt. but that doesn't mean you can just manually disarm it.

• Thanks SkyRover!!

This reply was deleted.