Setup Mission Planner, now Iris won't fly

I'm hoping this is easy to fix.  I recently installed Mission Planner and used the wizard for the initial setup.  All calibrations and tests completed successfully.

However, when I try to fly it manually now using just the FS-TH9X, the props won't spin when I try to arm the motors.  The main LED on the back of the Iris blinks yellow.  The Iris flew just fine before I used Mission Planner.

I made sure the battery was fully charged and did an ESC calibration, but it still won't fly.

Any help troubleshooting appreciated!

Thank you,

Joe

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• J

NP, us Noobs have a lot to learn ;-)

Lou

• The only issue I have with mission planner is I cant get ROI to work anyone have any similar problems or have it working?

• RTL ??

• Set frame type to V and loaded Iris.param.  Now the props spin again!  Thanks Lou!  Here's what it looks like in MP.

3701679064?profile=original

-J

• Developer
      You don't even need to set the frame type, just load the settings using the 'load params' button.

You may still need to calibrate accels, compass and RC.

But this is only required if you changed something. The Iris is Ready to Fly, so setup was all done at the factory (except RC if using your supplied solution)
    • If switching between gimbal and no gimbal, should I be loading the different parameters each time?

ie, there is an option for Iris with Tarot Gimbal.param in the default dropdown.

Thanks

• Hi Bill,  I have a question.  I just received my replacement Iris and the very first flight it started to shake just a few inches off the ground and the before I could get it back down it flipped.  here is a video I made after https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGTfZr2JDsE    

The only thing I did after I balanced the props was calibrate the compass.   Any suggestions?   

Also I was reading what you wrote here and you mentioned something about choosing a V frame ?   I was reading the Iris Manual and this is what it said Select ArduCopter v3.1 rc Quad, and follow Mission Planner’s instructions to install the firmware.   After you look at the video can you give me some feed back?    Thanks.  

YouTube
    • Thanks Bill.  If that info could be placed in the Iris Operations Manual, I think it would save 3DR a lot of support tickets.  The first thing Mission Planner tries to do after installation is run you through the wizard for setup, which causes a lot of problems.

-J

• Had similar problem, switched battery and started/stopped connect/disconnect batteries and rc a few times till eventually it worked again. Noticed that sometimes it will only arm in mode stabilize and NOT loiter or altitude hold contrary to instructions. Good luck

• Paul,

Even when you have the green LED indicating GPS lock?  I have had this happen if I had in Loiter or Alt Hold and only had the Blue flashing LED.

This reply was deleted.