Rick Calder and I have been working on a wiki for those wanting or needing to do custom code. The wiki now is specific to Windows but doesn't need to be. The draft right now is in one file, but may be link based later as it gets to final draft.
If you are interested in helping, attached is the file. It has the following approximate outline:
- Creating your personal workspace for the code.
- Downloading the source files to create custom firmware.
- Modify the code (an example is given on how to change the motor definitions for a custom frame).
- Downloading the compiler.
- Configuring the compiler to your workspace.
- Verifying code.
- Compiling and uploading code to your multi-copter’s APM.
- Validating the code.
- Maintaining the code.
The file must be edited in Word Revision control so we can all see the proposed changes. Please coordinate with us first on your proposed contributions (e.g., general editing, adding instructions for another operating system, adding the section on code maintenance, etc.).