Pixhawk being replaced with new version?

A major supplier of 3DR products here in the UK has just informed me that Pixhawk will not be re-stocked as it is being discontinued. I've heard similar rumblings elsewhere but then others say they are just false rumours. Any thoughts from anyone on this forum?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There is no more 3DR Pixhawk, but it is not big trouble - there are enough EU/US and Chinese good quality products.

I have personal good experience with the AUAV-X2, RCTimer Fixhawk and the Pixraptor.

All those got very good board and soldering quality, not any issues in flight.

• BYOD or UMTech?

It's a pity if it's true. I would rather not buy copies from HK or fleabay and I don't really want to be a continuous guinea pig for the new starters coming. 

What other options are there?

• Take a look at these links below.  Probably you'll consider to use one of them in case Pixhawk is discontinued.

They use the same software as Pixhawk.

• Whats about the CUAV Pixhack? I like the internal IMU damping. Have an aluminium version in use, looks very awesome. but the aluminium is very difficult to get... any sources?

• Also VR Brain from Virtual Robotix is an amazing alternative!
      I do strongly suggest it as preferred alternative.

Autopilot : VR Brain 5
    • VR Brain has been around for a while. I would try that.

My issue with the RPi offerings is the size. Real-estate on most airborne platforms is at a premium.  

• MR60

Could not find any vrbrain fc in their site. They also seem to move to complete solutions and quit selling parts? Isn't this a strategy now to kill the DIY integrators and force people buying assembled systems (at a high premium price)?

• It is there. You just have to look hard. They have a very non-intuitive site. http://www.virtualrobotix.it/index.php/it-IT/shop-virtualrobotix

I recommend the vr ubrain 5.2. Tiny footprint.

Shop
    • MR60

is it fully compatible with APM:Copter or does it require a VirtualRobotix compilation ?

• BYOD (Mike Inwood) said this. Although he later said he "would like to speak to them direct before confirming".

I hope it's not true - I'm using mine on fixed wing so there is no alternative as far as I know.

This reply was deleted.