Pixhawk survey

Hi everyone, My pixhawk configured for hexacopter gets lost at waypoint 5 in survey missions. It will stop traveling and start changing altitude down and then up again before i take over the controls. It has happened twice now and has not completed a survey mission. It is fairly small survey mission flying over about 2 acres area. I have set the survey up in mission planner and monitor the mission using radio and tower app. I have a quad configured pixhawk has no problem completing missions. Any help much appreciated. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Chris,

Yes, I fly with the 915mhz connected to tower to monitor the mission. When the drone entered rtl and I had no controls I checked the tower app and it showed the drone was in rtl. I do not fly with wifi and I have flown in this spot several times. It is right across the street my house in a 4 acre grass park surrounded by sage brush. I have flown here since the apm 2.5. This was the first non initiated rtl and the radio was on.    

• Hi,

The below details look much better.  I'd give it a go.  For the first flight be ready to switch it back to stabilise if it doesnt look good.  Your lucky to have such a large area to test across from your place.  I just got a Solo on Friday - first RTF quad I've bought - I set it on a survey mission via Tower and oh my got it hooned - faster than I was comfortable (as it went to a 50 deg lean at the first waypoint to stop at it) - so I switched it back straight away - no hesitation on my part.  If outside of what you expect then terminate the mission, fix it and then go again!

I'd also keep looking at how to extract the logs, if you have further issues then it may be needed to resolve the issue.

Good luck with it.

Chris

• Hi Chris,

I've installed new vibration dampers and this is the new auto read out.It would appear all looks good and ready for an autonomous mission> Would you say so? I did test rtl with the flight mode initiated. Thank you for your help.

Log File C:/Users/2011b/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpBD17.tmp.log
      Size (kb) 7174.3427734375
      No of lines 86418
      Duration 0:04:59
      Vehicletype ArduCopter
      Firmware Version V3.3.3
      Firmware Hash acf2e10c
      Hardware Type
      Free Mem 0
      Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = NA -
      Test: Balance/Twist = NA -
      Test: Brownout = GOOD -
      Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (7.58%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
      Test: Empty = GOOD -
      Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
      Test: GPS = GOOD -
      Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.66, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
      Test: Parameters = GOOD -
      Test: PM = NA -
      Test: Pitch/Roll = NA -
      Test: Thrust = NA -
      Test: VCC = GOOD -

domain.strategi.st
      creating new opportunities, from great ideas to digital assets
This reply was deleted.