Rover based on power wheelchair, Sabertooth and Pixhawk

A couple of threads here show members using power wheelchair, Sabertooth and Pixhawk to build an autonomous rover. The rc portion with Sabertooth and an inexpensive 2.4Ghz controller seems easy, as I have accomplished the same with three used power wheelchairs. However, several members attempted to integrate Pixhawk, GPS with Sabertooth to make the rover autonomous ran into a lot of problems. 

Could someone please share the details of a successful use case?  

Thank you very much in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have an autonomous rover project that runs: Pixhawk, GPS and 2x25A Sabertooth. It was running great last summer but currently there is a bug in the firmware preventing skid steering to work, at least in manual mode. (it works fine if I use an older firmware) Testing on an open field gives you very good result. Same track, oven and over, with a few decimeter variations.

What kind of trouble are you seeing?

Anders
    Sweden

• I am not in any troubles yet. Just planning to purchase Pixhawk to add the autonomous function. Want to be careful before investing a few hundred dollars and opening a can of worms. 

Could you share your wiring schmatics?

• OK! I can fix a hand-written schematics of this. Can you PM me your email address.

Anders

• Please note that I am only interested in autonomous ground vehicles. Many autopilot wikis mix up ground rovers with aerial drones, which I have no plan to get into. Thank you.

This reply was deleted.