Scripting DroneKit on my Solo?

I'm trying to figure out how to get into my Solo to run any of the dronekit python scripts and try to actually run custom code on the much ballyhooed drone with a 1ghz linux computer inside it.

I've put my laptop on the wifi network generated by Solo, and nmap reveals open ssh ports on 10.1.1.1 and 10.1.1.10 which i'm guessing are the craft and the controller, but i have no good guess for the ssh password.

anybody have any pointers on how to get into the machine and try to run any of the sample scripts and such from the dronekit documentation?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Awesome, Thanks Daniel!
  • Solo is currently running an old version of Dronekit(v1.0 instead of v1.2) and documentation on how to get Dronekit running on Solo is in the works.  Running Dronekit v1.0 on Solo is not recommend.

• Thanks Randy. I'd assume 3dr would release some official way to run dronekit on the solo, if not via ssh then something else. Not much of a "smart drone" if it can't even use their own sdk :). But I'd be interested in anything: official or not.
    • Scripting Dronekit should be both trivial and likely unsupported... enjoy the root pass, but play nice.

The root password for 3drobotics Solo and Artoo is: TjSDBkAu aka Tj (Tijuana) SD (San Diego) Bk (Back) A (At) u (You).

This password can be located in the source code for the Android app. Since everything is"Open For Development" 3dr has not made an attempt at obfuscating the classes.dex. 

./src/com/o3dr/solo/android/service/artoo/ArtooLinkManager.java:  private static final SshConnection sshLink = new SshConnection("10.1.1.1", "root", "TjSDBkAu");  

./src/com/o3dr/solo/android/service/sololink/SoloLinkManager.java: private static final SshConnection sshLink = new SshConnection(getSoloLinkIp(), "root", "TjSDBkAu");

./src/com/o3dr/solo/android/service/update/UpdateService.java: public static final String SSH_PASSWORD = "TjSDBkAu";

• Developer

Yes, that's right.  10.1.1.1 is the solo controller and 10.1.1.10 is the vehicle.

So far I don't think 3DR is going to release the ssh password but it's likely that someone is going to come up with a procedure to figure it out.

• Developer
    Just a note, 3DRpilots.com is a DJI user run site....

For dronkit info on Solo, expect an announcement here on DIYDrones any day now with the info you need.
  • I've also posted this question here (with a bit more info) http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/running-dronekit-on-my-solo.82/

This reply was deleted.