Waiting for GPS - Solo won't fly

Solo waiting on GPS for hours. Never able to lock on so no flying. Solo requires GPS signal to fly even when in the Android app under advanced you set "Enable Advanced Flight Modes" which supposedly allows "fly without GPS." 

I have done a factory reset - held down power and fly, re-paired controller and Solo, re-updated software but no luck. 

As you can see from the pic below a GPS signal fix was available on tablet:

3691213356?profile=original

In the picture below you can see the yellow icon at bottom left of screen which indicates "Waiting for GPS..." 

3691213191?profile=original

Has anyone else been able to solve this issue?

Disappointed 3DR would make me wait till Saturday when they are closed to download Android app in order to update to be able to fly. Received Solo on June 3 had to wait till June 6 to update and now have to wait till June 8 to speak with tech support. Odd they couldn't ship with updated working firmware.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 3D Robotics

Great! Thank you so much for helping us identify this.

As Chris said, we will improve our Standard Operating Procedures at the factory to ensure this connector gets tested more fully.

• Hi Jeevan -

Just glad we got to fly this weekend. It simply is awesome. Wishing gimbal I ordered would have arrived - my pictures need its help! Any idea when it should ship?

Thanks,

Ken

• 3D Robotics

Still workin' on it! We hope to share more official news soon.

• 3D Robotics

Congrats and thanks for the detective work! We'll have the factory double-check those. 

Chris

• Hi Chris, now that we're starting to see the guts of the Solo any chance of an official photo release of what's inside the Solo? :)

• Thanks!

Solo is beyond awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3702926100?profile=original

Life has surely changed from the Hirobo Shuttle of the '70s!

• Developer

The GoPro can be set to work either way up. I'g guess len would be lower, if that's an advantage

• I am curious, why is your GoPro upside down?

• Nice!!! Glad you got it going!
    • 3D Robotics

Hi Ken,

Some other things to try that might give a better sense of the issue...

You've probably though of this, but did you actually try to arm (Holding down Fly)? You can do this in either the mode Solo starts in, which requires GPS, or any of the advanced flight modes that don't, eg. Fly:Manual.  How Solo responds to arming--messages, sounds, etc.--would tell us more.

If you can actually arm in Fly:Manual (this is basically Altitude Hold mode) and are comfortable flying in a more manual mode, try hovering for a bit at 20ft or so to see if you eventually get GPS when off the ground.

Sorry to hear you're not up flying this weekend!  Hopefully we can find the culprit and a speedy solution.

This reply was deleted.