It's possible to load a mission in Tower created with Mission planner?

I find a partial solution until dev changes alt values for planes, I only test with WP I don't know what happens with take off, land etc. but if you test please let us know.

For me, the advantage  to take  missions in a tablet is that less things to carry to the field (and my notebook batteries died :( )

What I do: I draw the mission on the pc and write to drone, then I connect the tablet to the drone and automatically read wp from drone, then I save that wp in the tablet, repeat the operation for other missions that you need to fly that day; then you load mission from the tablet and the correct altitude appears; I don't test yet to reload that mission and repeat to see what happens, (not enougth time and batteries) next fly I'm going to test that.

This image is from a mission load from the tablet (converted file)

3691231554?profile=originalnotice 600mts on each Wp

P.D.:If you have any objection from this method or a better idea, please feel free to comment, I'm not an expert.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just started using Mission Planner because I want to map very specific areas in the middle of crop land or pasture with very few landmarks visible on google maps. I haven't actually flown the mission yet, but I think this will work, based on what it looks like sitting in my office.

1. Use QGIS to draw a boundary around the area I want to map.

2. Export as KML

3. Open Mission Planner > Flight Planner > right click map > map tools > KML overlay - zoom to layer.

4. Draw a polygon / survey based on my camera specs.

5. Save WP file, change file type or extension from .waypoint to .txt and email it to myself.

6. Download the file on my phone to my "Tower" folder

7. Go to flight editor and import from file - it loads up just as I had it planned in Mission Planner.

So that should allow me to plan out a whole bunch of missions at home and then go out and fly them all with just my phone. Does that seem to make sense?

• I don't think it is. MP saves mission in TXT format and tower uses specific .dpwp format, I searched for a solution to this and found nothing so far.

• Thank's Hernan; yes, I try changing .txt but not work, probably different language problem, I'm trying to find a solution to make missions for airplane with the tablet, my notebook batteries died and less weight to carry to field; Tower 200mts altitude is too low for me.

• I do something similar in that I use Droidplanner to get the MP missions into my drone and then can fly either using DP or Tower.

I sure hope there are no manned aircraft in that airspace flying at those altitudes.

• Thank's for reply.

Very few manned aircraft flying in this airspace and they fly where they want, sometimes 50 mts over my house:o  ; but for safety what I do, I fly only that altitude when I'm mapping, with foam airplane and I'm on the same place where I'm flying, and very few times because I don't fly commercially and, if I listen another airplane noise I abort inmediatly the mission but never happens that yet, because manned aircraft little traffic is generally in summer and I don't fly over 100-200 mts in summer, no more than 50 mts with the cuadcopter, a drones law is comming here for big commercial drones and papparazzis but manned little planes needs a law too; commercial planes are too high and very few here.

• I think maybe your over complicated things. If you load the mission to APM (or pix) at your house then there still in there when you get to where you going. Can you just hit auto (or whatever) without reloading waypoints that are already in the IMU? The telemetry should communicate the flight path.

If not, try saving the file to the tablet in whatever format tower uses and then hit load mission (or whatever)? Admitley I am new to tower...but still

• Yes I load mission in my house and them Tower reads it, that works and I get auto from the tablet but, in middle mission, the airplane returns to stab for it's own (very risk if you don't have osd) saving the file it's not looks possible for the moment. I try the last beta but 3dr services isn't updated yet and missions don't works yet;perhaps we have to wait some days dev are working on it. ;)

This reply was deleted.