Replies

• Just came across this thread. To be honest, I have no experience with tower. However, I am a boss at Arducopter and Mission planner.... anyways, there are several ways to accomplish what you want..... What I have done in the past is use a knob on channel 6 and set the "tune" parameter to 10 (which controls WP_speed). Then I just adjust as desired.

Now with this mindset, you could be creative and write a mavlink script to adjust the value after reaching each waypoint.

Hope this helps are confuses you!

• Good discover guys :O Many thank's, I noticed that different waypoints have different options now, on the first WP you can find Take off too; you can change speed in all WPs and Land only appears on the last Wp; good question Mike ;)

• Mike, I change params from Tower a few times but it's usefull if you have to do at field and didn't have a pc near. First connect the copter, then go to menu (Up-left)-PARAMETERS-and there looks for WPNAV_SPEED or something like this to change it. (If you aren't connect you can't see params list) and don't forget to write params to your copter. But interesting to see how Martin do it, it's looks easier.

• The only thing that I know is going to params and changing  Wp speed there; If someone else discover another thing it's interesting to know.

Thank's Martin I coudn't find it too, It's nessesary to be connected? something we are missing?

• It is possible. Prior to waypoint for automission add a waypoint and u should see an icon that looks like a speedometer. I will send a pic later if u can't find it. When I am doing surveys I change speed to 10 m/s
  • T3

Unfortunately, there has not seem much development within the last year (apart from the split into 3DR Services and the rest of the app). I guess this is related to the Solo development.

I really like Tower and hope there will be some further development in the (hopefully near) future.

• T3

Hi Mike,

as far as I know it is not possible.

But, it would be really nice to have an option to set WPNAV_SPEED for survey missions using the survey dialog! 

For sure it is possible using the parameters section, but it is rather clumsy.

Best regards,

Thorsten

This reply was deleted.