Convert/import a vector and use it as path

Hi - a quick question. We use our Phantom 4 for light painting, flying manual shapes and paths on long exposures. Is there a way to import a shape in vector, or other format and place this shape into UGCS and have it add waypoints and therefore fly that shape perfectly? I have tried drawing shapes manually and UGCS adds waypoints to the drawn path but wondered if I could import a perfect shape for UGCS to add waypoints to? Also, when I view/position the map horizontally and then try and manually draw a shape, UGCS places that shape flat on the surface and not "standing up" at 90 degress which is what I wanted. Thanks! :)3691316892?profile=original3691317148?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PS. There might be a way for me to add a text label (simple numbering) to each point in Sketchup and then output that in the CSV but I have not yet figured that out.
  • Hi. Yes you are right on both. The altitude is in feet and the order is not correct. This is the only way I have been able to export these points from Sketchup. The CSV outputs the waypoints in this order. Looking good, great to see the waypoints in UGCS! I can easily change the order can't I? Thanks!
  • Hi,

Almost done.

It's seems that points in canon.csv file are not in right order, and altitude is in feets. Right?

3702305790?profile=original

• Good morning. Here is the CSV file of waypoint lat/long/alt as outputted by the SketchUp plugin. You will note there are two rows that seem to be the middle ground level waypoint which is visible in SketchUp and placed there automatically so i suppose those two can deleted. I hope the points are in the right place from this output. I am still trying to work out how to add a text tag or similar to each point so it will be included in the output CSV but thats still work in progress! Have a look and let me know what you think. Thanks again. Winston :)

canon.CSV

• Thanks Alexey that would be fantastic! I will send you the CSV file in the morning. Would I be able for me to number/re-order the waypoints after placement on the map by UGCS? The reason I ask is that the CSV output from the sketchup plugin literally produces three columns, lat, long and alt (in feet) and nothing else. If I could at least get the waypoints into UGCS and then fix the order of them that would work. Also, would there be any way of adjusting the curves between the waypoints on the vertical axis? Thanks again! Winston.
  • Please send me this CSV file. I can write simple converter on next week.
  • 3702304073?profile=original

• 3702304336?profile=original

• Hi Alexey. Yes and no.. :). I managed to get a shape into Sketch-Up, mark out "waypoints" on that in 3D (basically a small plugin for Sketch-Up that displays the Lat/Long for any clicked point. That plugin then allowed me to export the points with the co-ordinates out as a CSV. Now, this is where I got stuck with UGCS as I couldn't then do anything with that CSV using UGCS. I then used Litchi (just to test) to modify a previously outputted CSV file of waypoints, I inserted my own lat/longs and Litchi displayed them on a map, but I could not see if they were correct as I can get no 3D view in Litchi.....so I really need to be able to import these waypoints into UGCS from the CSV, I would then be able to see and adjust them etc. Obviously I know I cannot manpiulate curves on that verttical axis so I will be interested to see how far I can go. I went to test the Litchi mission but as I forgot to text label/number the "waypoints" in the correct order the Phantom was flying to random waypoints so I didn't really know if it was working, but it seemed to be, even though the waypoints were in the wrong order on that test!. That is as far as I got with this. Would really like to see if I can do this with UGCS. Thanks! Winston

• Hi Winston, do you have any progress with that?

This reply was deleted.