Convert/import a vector and use it as path

Hi - a quick question. We use our Phantom 4 for light painting, flying manual shapes and paths on long exposures. Is there a way to import a shape in vector, or other format and place this shape into UGCS and have it add waypoints and therefore fly that shape perfectly? I have tried drawing shapes manually and UGCS adds waypoints to the drawn path but wondered if I could import a perfect shape for UGCS to add waypoints to? Also, when I view/position the map horizontally and then try and manually draw a shape, UGCS places that shape flat on the surface and not "standing up" at 90 degress which is what I wanted. Thanks! :)3691316892?profile=original3691317148?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Alexey. Not as of yet I have been very busy and the weather has not played fair! Hopefully I will get out this weekend or during next week, I actually spoke about this to my colleague last night and we talked about a good evening to go out and do this. As soon as I have I will get right back to you. Still excited! :) - thanks!

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Hi Winston, any news?

• Hi Winston, any news?

• Thanks I'll use this route plan and see what happens. Could be great! Will certainly be interesting!
  • Ok I have downloaded the files. WIll be back in touch later this week. Thank you again.

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Winston,

please use attached route plan. Visually it looks as previous but I changed turn type for some waypoints after experiments with simulator.

• Looking forward to see what will be on photo. Good luck!

• Wow Alexey this is awesome! I will download now and play. I will get out this week with the Phantom and try it out and get right back to you. Thanks so much again! This is exciting. Winston
  • Winston,

please use attached route plan. Visually it looks as previous but I changed turn type for some waypoints after experiments with simulator.

Canon.xml

• Done!

3702306162?profile=original

Attached zip archive with CSV converter.

Inside archive you can find

- csv2route.js - converter written on JScript for Windows cscript
    - template.xml - route template in UgCS template
    - test.csv - input CSV file
    - test.cmd - command file, by double click it will take test.csv and produce test.xml - route in UgCS format

I removed excess points from your file and changed order. To change order I added initial number to CSV file, and later added to each line right sequence number. I determined order visually after first import thanks to real 3D in UgCS. Then reordered file in Excel and repeated export.

Be noted that Excel will save CSV file with ";" as separator, you will need to change it back to "," in Notepad for example.

My converter will ignore any data after third number in each line, so you can use it for indexes, notes etc.

Now it's very interesting how Phantom will fly this route. Your turn...

csv2route.zip

• Hmm yeah. The CSV export from Sketchup doesn't seem to be perfect at all but is the only way I have worked out how to get an image into 3d space with proper geolocation so I could add the points.
  • Also one waypoint has wrong lattitude, but it's easy to correct.

3702306066?profile=original

This reply was deleted.