Custom DEM - Coordinate System?

What coordinate system is used by UgCS? I want to export conventional survey and scan data to a geotiff to import into UgCS. Every projection/verision of WGS84 that I have used either errors out or put me thousands of miles away from my site in Alaska (so far Greenland, Africa, and the middle of the Pacific). Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi John,

I see that our engineers answered to your question. Please react to them.

P.S.

UgCS uses Web Mercator (EPSG:3857) internally but it is able to accept many different projections (anything supported by GDAL) and convert them accordingly.

• Hi John,

yes, this email is right. I have found your case - UGCSSD-4395. Did you receive automatic confirmation that your request was received?

Our engineers are working on your request, they will contact you soon. I have reproduced described problem with your samples..

• Alexey,

Thanks, but there are different projections of WGS84 so that is not enough information for me to create my tif file. I have tried emailing support over the last couple of days, but have not yet gotten a response. support@ugcs.com is the correct email, yes?

• Hi John,

UgCS uses WGS84 only.

You can send one of your DEM files (smallest one :) to our support team, they will help.
This reply was deleted.