Replies

• To connect drone equipped with Herelink to UgCS you can try the following steps:
    Ensure that Ardupilot VSM is installed and running in UgCS Service manager.
    To doublecheck that correct UDP port is used, open file C:\Program Files (x86)\UgCS\bin\vsm-ardupilot.conf in notepad.
    Look for the following lines:

# Vehicle can be connected via UDP.
    # UDP port which will listen for incoming mavlink messages.
    connection.udp_in.1.local_port = 14550

Then follow instructions from https://docs.cubepilot.org/user-guides/herelink/connect-to-mission-...
    2. Connect to the HereLink network

On Herelink side, tap on 'Show password' to display it
    On your computer, go to the wifi networks and search for 'AndroidAP'
    Connect to 'AndroidAP' wifi with the password provided on the HereLink

Once computer is connected to AndroidAP, a connection with the drone should be established. If not, try restarting Ardupilot VSM from UgCS Service manager.
    The drone must be turned on and connected with Herelink.

Connecting to Mission Planner
  • Is there any integration between UGCS and Mission Planner? Can a UGCS export (XML) be imported to MP? 

The HERELINK has a WIFI connection to MP so if you can get a UGCS route/mission to import into MP then it would be easy to upload to the drone via the HERELINK.

Anxious for your thoughts. COnnecting to drone with usb cable and MP is a pain, then download to qgroundcontrol etc is a lot of steps.

Alexey Dobrovolskiy said:

Yes, why not. After mission upload from UgCS you can connect to the drone using Herelink and download mission into QGroundControl. 

I can't find any documentation for this device. May be it can bridge own connection to the drone somehow?

Herelink + UGCS
    Is UGCS compatible with Herelink?
  • Alexey, Sounds good. I will try this out and report back with my findings. Thanks! 

• Yes, why not. After mission upload from UgCS you can connect to the drone using Herelink and download mission into QGroundControl. 

I can't find any documentation for this device. May be it can bridge own connection to the drone somehow?

• Alexey, Yes that one.

Do you think it would be possible to upload the UgCS mission via direct USB connection on the ground and then fly the waypoint mission while monitoring on the Android running Qgroundcontrol or similar app?  

• Do you mean this one? http://www.proficnc.com/all-products/163-gps-module.html

No. It has Android device built-in, our Android app supports DJI drones only.

Herelink HD Video Transmission System (Beta 2) - Pixhawk2
This reply was deleted.