How can I Set Home using SDK?

I am using following code on the .net SDK, trying to send the Phantom 3 simulator to a home point of lat/long/alt {0.0,0.0,0.0} before flying a mission.

Unfortunately, the UGCS emulator has a bug and will not return telemetry on Ubuntu when flying, and hence I have purchased a physical DJI drone to use its simulator instead.

The SDK documentation is unclear on what commands/parameter are available, and their structure, and hence I am guessing what I should be using. Will it be possible to publish a list of SDK commands/parameters, please, as they seem to be similar, but not identical to standard MAVLINK commands?

Until that is available, could you please advise on how to reset and fly to a new home location using the simulator, please.

Thanks.

var sendCommandRequest = new SendCommandRequest

{

ClientId = clientId,

Command = new UGCS.Sdk.Protocol.Encoding.Command

{

Code = "set_home",

Subsystem = Subsystem.S_FLIGHT_CONTROLLER

}

};

sendCommandRequest.Command.Arguments.AddRange(new CommandArgument[] {

new CommandArgument { Code = "latitude", Value = new Value { DoubleValue = 0.0 }},

new CommandArgument { Code = "longitude", Value = new Value { DoubleValue = 0.0 }},

new CommandArgument { Code = "altitude", Value = new Value { DoubleValue = 0.0 }}

});

sendCommandRequest.Vehicles.Add(new Vehicle { Id = vehicle.Id });

var sendCommandResponse = messageExecutor.Submit<SendCommandResponse>(sendCommandRequest);

sendCommandResponse.Wait();

SendCommandRequest request = new SendCommandRequest

{

ClientId = clientId,

Command = new UGCS.Sdk.Protocol.Encoding.Command

{

Code = "return_to_launch",

Subsystem = Subsystem.S_FLIGHT_CONTROLLER,

}

};

request.Vehicles.Add(new Vehicle() { Id = vehicle.Id });

var rtlResponse = messageExecutor.Submit<SendCommandResponse>(request);

rtlResponse.Wait()

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,

In UgCS you can provide a new vehicle's home location only as part of a route.

Here you can find info on how to create, process and upload a new route object: https://github.com/ugcs/ugcs-dotnet-sdk/wiki#working-with-routes
    A home location here can be set explicitly by setting:
    route.HomeLocationSource = HomeLocationSource.HLS_EXPLICIT;
    In this case you should also set HomeLatitude, HomeLongitude and HomeWgs84Altitude/HomeAglAltitude fields of the Route object.
    Or it can be derived implicitly from the first trajectory point:
    route.HomeLocationSource = HomeLocationSource.HLS_FIRST_WAYPOINT;

Best regards,
    Anna Moshkova
    www.ugcs.com/support
    Video tutorials: YouTube.com/UgCS
    Latest news: FB.com/SPHEngineering
    ugcs/ugcs-dotnet-sdk
    Contribute to ugcs/ugcs-dotnet-sdk development by creating an account on GitHub.
This reply was deleted.