Replies

• To ensure compatibility between telemetry from different drone makes, and to ensure that I can use telemetry from any drone type, I now use the UgCS SDK (the more recent .Net SDK, not the Java one) to read the telemetry as it arrives. That gives much more flexibility, but needs coding skills, of course. The SDK docs give a good code skeleton to work from.

• Hi Victor,

Unfortunately we have not a tool for that because we honestly do not work with DJI software at the moment.

The only way I see for now would be if there was an enthusiast around who would create such tool.

Regards,

Artūrs

• Artūrs said:

It is possible to use this tool to convert TLM format to CSV (human readable): https://github.com/ugcs/ugcs-java-sdk/releases/download/2.10/ugcs-t...

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask here!

Arturs

Hі! Is it possible to convert Dji log.file TO TLM format  (for open in Telemetry Player  in UgCS)?

e.g. csv2tlm.bat   :)

Thanks.

How do I enable Telemetry for Emulator
    I would like to record telemetry for the quadcopter emulator, however the docs say that recording is disabled by default on the emulator. How can I e…
  • It is possible to use this tool to convert TLM format to CSV (human readable): https://github.com/ugcs/ugcs-java-sdk/releases/download/2.10/ugcs-t...

If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask here!

Arturs

• Many thanks, Arturs. I now have telemetry working. 

From the User Guide, it says the file is saved in XML format. However, it seems to be saved as a .tlm file that isn't human readable. Is it possible to access the lat/longs of a drone from the telemetry file, ideally using an XML parser?

Thanks,

David

• Hi David,

to enable saving of telemetry for emulators, it is necessary to edit ucs.properties file located in your UgCS installation directory /server/ucs/ucs.properties (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\UgCS)In the ucs.properties the line ucs.emulator.storeTelemetry=false must be set to

ucs.emulator.storeTelemetry=true

Just remember to set it back to false after you do not need it anymore, otherwise the UgCS database containing telemetry might grow huge.

Arturs

This reply was deleted.