Launch with DJI Go, focus, then fly with UGCS

I'm using a DJI Inspire 1 Pro and both the 15 mm and 25 mm lenses. Since DJI haven't made the ability to control focus available via their SDK, (apparently the beta version out now does!), I've been looking for ways to ensure I'm getting proper focus during photogrammetry missions. First, some background on what I've found with these lenses:

The 15 mm lens, even when set to Manual on the lens itself, resets to some not quite at infinity setting each time you power on. So, for longer missions with battery changes, you need to ensure that focus is correct each time you continue the mission.

The 25 mm lens has no auto/manual focus switch on it, so there is no way that I can find to control that.

It would be nice if at least the two lenses would default focus to infinity at start up, but I haven't figured out how to accomplish that.

So, based on what I've heard from other pilots on other software platforms, their solution is to launch and fly to altitude with the DJI Go app, set focus and exposure, then exit DJI Go, launch their flight survey software, and fly the mission.

This makes me nervous, since there is a time when no app is controlling the UAV, and you need to make REALLY certain that DJI Go has completely exited prior to launching UGCS.

Here is my question. Is anyone here using this approach with a DJI Inspire 1 Pro? My preference is to use the 25 mm lens, because it just about guarantees that I won't be anywhere near power line towers and possible electrical interference and also gives me a cleaner straight down view for stitching.

Thanks!

Mark

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Pablo - that's great to know!

• I've always take okk with dji go up, and then switch to litchi, ugcs, dronepan, or whatever software I need. No problem at all, your drone will be completely responsive.

This reply was deleted.