M600 rotating between points after stop and turn

Hello,

I've been playing with UGCS's area scan feature, and I'm having issues after turning at any corners. I have the turn type set to Stop and Turn (I've tried adaptive bank too), but the issue is the M600 is not facing forward after making the turn. It gradually changes the yaw to face forward instead. Is there a setting I am missing where the M600 stops, turns to face forward, and then continues to move?

I have discovered that adding a wait of 5 seconds and yaw change of 0 at every corner seemed to solve the issue in the simulator or by adding a large enough overshoot so by the time the M600 reaches the area needed to scan, it is facing forward. I have yet to fly and try these workarounds due to weather, but is there a better and easier way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I've had beautiful flights using the adaptive turn, great feature.

• This behavior is standard for DJI drones.

You can test this using HIL emulator. Connect your m600 to UgCS as usual and next in UgCS for DJI app you can activate emulation mode. It will behave almost as in real flight. This will save you lot of hours...

I prefer to use adaptive bank turn's and overshot. Usually 15-20m should be enough.

This reply was deleted.