Phantom 4 advanced

Hello,

I am seeing in the doc that UgCS is compatible with the phantom 4 and phantom 4 pro. What about the phantom 4 advanced ?

And if it isn't supported yet, how long does it usually take for new dji drone to get included in the software ?

Thanks,

Hugo

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Hugo,

from time to time we are receiving requests regarding such functionality. But this is meaningful only if you will have tens or may be hundreds operators. Otherwise it will be much more easy to agree with each operator to not change flight plan without some permission (sometimes take-off/landing points should be changed etc). And provide for them ready missions in form of exported files.

• Hi Alexey,

Yeah exactly, I would like the user to just have access to the minimum : like start flight number x = press button and the drone go. 

But at the same time I know that I can manage to do something close to this by just exporting, importing mission. I will just need to teach quickly the other guy how to work with UgCS. 

The thing is, I also think that this can be a cool project to start tinkering with SDK^^. But before starting I would like to know the steps I will need to go through for this kind of project, knowing that I have some knowledge in programming but nothing great (it's not my major). I don't want to start a project if it's to stop halfway through.

thanks for any advice !

• Hi Hugo,

do you mean that operator in the field should not have possibility to change route?

• Okay thanks, I will wait then)).

Yeah they were better with naming the phantom 3 visibly^^.

Speaking about SDK, I would like to start programming the flight of my phantom has a side project (we will be flying the same 3-4 flight pattern every week or so, I would like to automatize this with a "click button" kind of solution so anybody can do this work. Then the images could just be send to us for processing.)

So if you know about this, do you have a lead for starting this kind of project ? Like should I focus on UgCS SDK or should I start from the start with DJI SDK ? 

Thanks again for the answers !

• Yes, Arturs is absolutely right.

Please watch this link - https://developer.dji.com/iframe/mobile-sdk-doc/android/reference/d... - when there is will be entry for P4 Advanced we will add support for it to the UgCS.

BTW, may be if somebody has P4 Advanced and can try to connect it to UgCS? May be it will be detected as Phantom 4.

Little bit of sarcasm regarding how logical are DJI's programmers - look how they named enumerations entries for different P4 drones:

• Phantom4_Pro 
    • Phantom_4

I suppose that entry for Phantom 4 Advanced will be "Phantom_4Advanced" - just to continue this sequence :-).

Model
    Javadoc API documentation.
  • Hi Hugo,

Since Phantom 4 Advanced was just recently announced, UgCS is not yet compatible with it.

We have checked and since in the current DJI SDK we are using, there is no info about P4 Advanced, I may predict that it will be supported in the upcoming months.

Arturs

This reply was deleted.