I started to work with UgCS client and server a couple of days back. 

I could create connection to the UgCS server and I could also subscribe to the vehicle to receive telemetry data. 

Problem is, When I receive the telemetry data, it is not complete.

First Message I receive contains 10 telemetry type values. But later, I only receive ROLL, PITCH, HEADING.

I tried to check the vehicle data using the UgCS example application and it happens there as well. 

Could anyone tell me why I couldn't receive all telemetry values everytime?

Any help on this is much appreciated. 

Thanks.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the reply Stevod.

I agree that, UCS returns the value only when the change of that particular is updated. May I know why I'm not receiving all the telemetry at first? The first telemetry I receive contains 10 values whereas expected is almost 90. know how?

Stevod said:

By default, the telemetry that is returned is not complete, in that it does not every value, every time. Instead, it returns only values that have changed. 

However, I think there is a telemetry setting in one of the config files that allows it to be set to return every value, every time (at least when using the emulator drone).

I suggest you review the config files - it should be fairly obvious.

Stevod

• UgCS uses incremental telemetry updates. Each time telemetry field is sent, it is the new value for that field. If a field is not sent, it means the previous value is still valid.

Liliia

• By default, the telemetry that is returned is not complete, in that it does not every value, every time. Instead, it returns only values that have changed. 

However, I think there is a telemetry setting in one of the config files that allows it to be set to return every value, every time (at least when using the emulator drone).

I suggest you review the config files - it should be fairly obvious.

Stevod

This reply was deleted.