UGCS for DJI v. 2.9 questions

I saw on my Android device this morning that there was an update to the app, and it mentioned being able to store the missions on the Android device and fly in the field without a laptop - that's a great development! I have a couple other questions, which might simply be the result of not having used UGCS for a while.

1. I use both a 15mm and 25mm lens, which have issues with consistent focus in just about all of the other apps out there. How does UGCS handle locking focus in to infinity for photogrammetry?

2. When changing a battery mid-mission, does the drone return to the last physical location where a photo was taken, or does it return to the last waypoint where it made a turn?

3. Based on some of the questions on this forum, it looks like terrain tracking is supported, which is great. That would allow me to launch from various locations on a large parcel and get consistent AGL results. At the moment, (with other apps), I have to launch from the high point on a parcel, fly at constant AMSL, and burn a lot of battery time transiting back and forth to the far ends of each parcel. Is it possible to have one mission for a large parcel, but launch from different locations as the mission progresses?

Thanks, and my apologies if any of these questions have been covered by earlier posts.

Mark

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Let's take a look at questions that we have:

1. 'I use both a 15mm and 25mm lens, which have issues with consistent focus in just about all of the other apps out there. How does UGCS handle locking focus in to infinity for photogrammetry?'

There should be opportunity in DJI GO to adjust the focus.
    You may leave camera settings without changing in UgCS for DJI, in case if they were set in DJI GO.

2. 'When changing a battery mid-mission, does the drone return to the last physical location where a photo was taken, or does it return to the last waypoint where it made a turn?'

You can set manualy the waypoint where drone will fly after battery change by using "Change start point" option.

Section "Change start point" you can find on p.20. in user manual:
    https://www.ugcs.com/files/manuals/v2.13/UgCS_User_manual_2.13.pdf

3. 'Is it possible to have one mission for a large parcel, but launch from different locations as the mission progresses?'

Yes, it's possible. But we recommend to divide the route according maximum number waypoints of autopilot.

If there are any new questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
    Anna Moshkova

SPH Engineering
    www.sph-engineering.com
    www.ugcs.com
    Video tutorials: www.youtube.com/ugcstv
    Latest news: www.facebook.com/SPHEngineering

https://www.ugcs.com/files/manuals/v2.13/UgCS_User_manual_2.13.pdf
This reply was deleted.