Reporting to the Vice President (VP) of Sales and Marketing, the Editorial Director will set and guide the strategy and creation of all internal and external communications, website content, and public relations messages to consistently articulate the mission of 3D Robotics.
The Editorial Director will also work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives. This job is in the Berkeley, CA offices of 3D Robotics. You must be a US citizen or have a US work visa to qualify.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the 3D Robotics landscape
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and 3D Robotics website
- Manage all media contacts
3D Robotics is seeking an accomplished Editorial Director who has at least 7 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex, fast-paced environment. Familiarity and passion for 3D Robotics products is of paramount importance. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical as well.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent English writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Please send applications, with CV, to email@example.com
When I was in the Navy I went to Electronic Tech A school on Treasure Island which is in the middle of the Bay between Oakland and San Francisco and the Bay Bridge passes over it. The school is long gone, but I can still remember standing watch on the west end of the island that faced Alcatraz and being able to lean into the very cold wind out over the breakwater in the early fall:-)
TCIII An old Navy salt:-)
Hahaha yes Tom! I have been talking about moving to either California or Florida since I was a 4 years old. I hate the harsh change of seasons :) so either I'm moving in with you Tom or 3DR. Who's gonna take me in?! :)
Are you sure you want to live in Berkeley, CA? Remember what Mark Twain said about San Francisco: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco" or something like that:-)
I'm extremely interested 3DR I'm working on my application right now.
This actually sounds like something Chris would be great at. But he's probably staying busy with that little CEO gig he's doing these days. ;-)