We are happy to announce Mavis - a new UAV photogrammetry and mapping software.
Mavis is specifically designed for agricultural, archeological and mining surveys.
Mavis covers the entire workflow from single UAV images to GIS ready maps. It comprises precise georeferencing, on-site image analysis and stitching, image preprocessing, the generation of digital surface models and orthophotos, color post-processing, the computation of vegetation indices, as well as the generation HTML reports including WebGL 3D models.
Mavis is designed with an intuitive workflow in mind - from georeferencing to 3D mapping and the generation reports - while providing state-of-the-art algorithms.
Detailed information is available at mavis.bitmapping.de
- Precise georeferencing is realized by a combination of Pixhawk/APM dataflash log file analysis and a specific CHDK script for Canon cameras. This combination allows accounting for shutter delays with high precision.
- For other cameras the camera trigger information recorded in the log file can be used for georeferencing. Images which have already been geotagged can be used as well.
- Orthomosaics and Digital Surface Models form UAV imagery are generated using MicMac. MicMac uses a multi-scale, multi-resolution approach for dense matching and sophisticated camera calibration models.
- Orthomosaics often require further processing for scientific analysis or interpretation purposes. Therefore, Mavis provides various tools to enhance and manipulate colors such as white balance, gamma correction and decorrelation stretching amongst others. Spatial filters to remove noise are implemented as well.
- Various vegetation indices can be derived using Mavis.
- For single camera setups the filter type can be selected. Blue and red filters are supported.
- HTML reports can be generated following 3D Mapping. A 3D WebGL model is generated and linked to the report.
- Mavis is distributed free of charge with our UAVs.
- It is currently in the final beta testing stage for regular distribution.
- Please contact us for availability.
Mavis is made to evolve! Please share your thoughts, requirements and suggestions regarding Mavis and UAV mapping workflows in general.