Since we have a few major pieces of software being developed at the same time I wanted to make a few points about how you can help.
1. Even though the dev team provides excellent support, Doug, myself and the Arducopter team do this on the side and are only paid in the satisfaction of seeing Ardupilot code in the air on your planes. I really mean that. We like to hear about successful integration and flights, not just bugs.
2. We are moving to the Issues list on Google code. Only issues listed will be addressed. This is simply the best way to track everything and it's open to to view by everyone. Please only put bugs in there and keep questions for the Forum posts.
3. If you are using Beta software, please understand there will be bugs. That's the point. What we really need to solve a problem is
- your header file
- pics of your HW setup if applicable
- DETAILED steps to reproduce the issue
- Example Code Fix to fix the issue - we really love getting code.
4. It's great to discuss issues in the forums, but please don't assume the dev team will read every post. Please use the issue tracker to ensure it is dealt with. Again, if you have a fix, please post the code to the issues list and not just the thread.
5. Alpha code will no longer be posted as a Zip archive. Get an SVN client such as Tortoise SVN. Changes happen daily/hourly.
6. We will be Tagging major updates so you can easily access older builds - as soon as we figure out how to do that ;) Michael is a pro at this and will be setting us up.
We are aiming for flyable Mega code to be Alpha by the 20th.