Jordi's now finished the Beta release candidate of the BlimpDuino code. Lots of goodies:
- Full PID loops in both altitude hold and navigation
- Autosenses if a RC receiver is connected and switches into RC mode
- Voltage monitoring cuts off power to save LiPo when voltage is low
- Fully proportional vectoring servo control
- Goes into altitude-hold-only mode if beacon signal is not seen
- Code better commented and easier to read
This is great! I really like the post about disclosing costs and allowing others to build the blimp.
This may have been covered previously, but after seeing the DIYDrones sticker on the side of the blimp, it made me think that the BlimpDuino would be a great advertising tool for companies. Have you addressed this already? I could imagine dozens of these flying around trade shows, indoor flee markets, etc.