Hi all, since the year 2013 I am developing my own frame to adapt the flight controller "Pixhawk" and a System On Chip, with the goal of creating a custom drone for use in defense operations, has been a long road for me, because I had to design all parts and I will continue to work very hard until to get the desired result.
- Blender 3D for the CAD design of all parts.
- MeshCam V6 for the conversion of the CAD files to G-Code.
- Easel G-Code Interpreter of the company "inventables.com".
Tools and equipment used
- CNC Router, Model X-Carve of "inventables.com"
- Kyocera 1745 Solid Carbide 3 Flute Extended Reach Ball Nose End Mills 0.0625" tools.
- M.A. FORD 132 13212500 SOLID CARBIDE 1/8" END MILL
Methods and materials employed
- ProFinish Carbon Fiber 2/2 Twill 3k 200g
- Alluminio 7075T
- acrylic plastic
- Xencast PX30 Soft Flexible Polyurethane Rubber
I am using the infusion of resin to build parts in carbon fiber.
supports for brushless motors.
Based acrylic cover, to accommodate the GPS antenna, USB connectors, and NanoSim MicroSim cards.
Top part assembled without finishing.
Mold machining in Delrin for the base.
Video Clip showing the manufacturing process.