Okay so here’s where I am at:
I’ve never had a helicopter apart from the mini-$50 ones you can purchase anywhere. So this will be my first helicopter/drone.
Short term Goals:
- Buy Quadcopter
- Build Quadcopter
- Fly Quadcopter
Long term Goals:
- Mount a GoPro HD video camera on it. (GoPro Hero 3 Black)
- Eventually do FPV flights (either with the GoPro or by using a separate FPV cam)
- I’d love to mission plan in the future so I do not want to limit myself early by buying parts that don’t allow me to expand. (xBee)
The proposed setup:
- 3DR Arducopter Quad-C
- APM 2.5
- 4x jDrones AC2836-358 880 kV Motors
- 4x 30A ESC
- uBlox 3DR GPS LEA-6
- 10x45 Props (to start, ideally I’ll upgrade these to CF once I learn to fly)
(Purchasing from CanadaDrones.com)
Now… based on my short term goals. I think I’m good to go. Long term goals though, I’d love some feedback. I’m thinking if I need to lift more, I could always convert into a hex setup?
As far as batteries and Remote – I am undecided.
CanadaDrones sells the Turnighy 9X 9ch or the WFT09 remote but I’ve heard wonderful things about the Spekturm DX8.
I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks!