MatrixPilot 3.1 is released. The project continues to mature, with a fantastic IMU that is still moving ahead with deep research from William Premerlani. Ben Levitt continues to add amazing features such as the built-in firmware for the OSD hardware that can be attached to the UDB3. This means the UDB3 can display it's internal thinking (such as next target waypoint, direction of next target, and maximim G-force being pulled) onto the video screen of the pilot.
Anyway here is a quick summary of the latest changes ...
What's New in MatrixPilot 3.1
- Major IMU improvements, including "dizzy-proofing", automatic inflight gyro calibration, and compensation for magnetometer latency.
- Live camera tracking of one UDB from another.
- User-configurable OSD layouts.
- Full support for the DIYDrones MediaTek GPS.
- Maintain minimum ground speed. The speed control loop is now based on the smaller of ground speed and air speed.
- Improvements to inverted stabilization.
- Improvements to the Flight Analyzer tool.
- More bug fixes.
There is a lot of talent and development occuring around MatrixPilot at the moment, and I look forward to working with all the newer developers to integrate their new features into MP over the next few months. Thanks everyone.
Best wishes, Pete