The New Skywalker 1900 has been around for sometime. I just finish mine and test fly it last Sunday in strong wind condition. I barely able to trim for straight and level and P gain in stabilized mode.
It feel more or less like my old Skywalker 1900 but the rigidity of the tail section had been much improve. No more flimsy/Shacking tail boon and stabilizer.
Although it was advertise as modular/easy to dismantle and install at field, but I doubt the durability of those orange plastic. For better reliability, glue the stabilizer and tail boom may seems a good option.
For me, the best improvement over the previous version is the enlarge fuselage. Now I can put my camera inside the fuselage with proper orientation. ( Horizontally relative to wings ). The only issue is now I had to add about 90 gram of ballast in the nose for proper CG because of the main battery sit right under the wings with no room for CG adjustment.
A lot of user reported the left turning tendency but I didn't notice mine had this problem. Some of them suggested a twisted wings but if that is the case, than most properly all the wings should be the same because it was made in the same aluminium mold. May be I just lucky to get a good set of wings.
Nothings much to talk about the build. It is fairly simple and straight forward. I had good success with my old Skywalker so I just transfer all my equipment, i.e motor, ESC, APM 2 with 2.63 firmware to the new one. For telemetry, I use RDF900. Hopefully with this long range data modem, I'll had full connection through out the mission within a few KM.
I'll update the flight performance after I had it trim out. My flight gear as below:
Servo : Servox SH0257MG
Motor : T motor 2814-8 1000KV
Prop : APC 9X6
ESC : Hobbywings Funfly 60 A
Autopilot : APM 2. 2.63
Telemetry : RDF 900
Battery : FlightMax 4S5000mah. for motor. 2S 2100mah for avionic equipment regulated by Castle Creation 10A BEC