I had posted the following blog for developing possibly real application. My partner Ian, he is a bit of a jock and does not want to give up. Anyway, using Spektrum DX8, he was able to hook up the Mag lifter to "Pick Up and Deliver Cargo". You can see the video on our website.
There are couple of issues remaining-
1. Copter being not very stable, was not able to pick-up in one shot
2. The Mag Lifter metal plate needed to be larger
3. A guide catcher needs to be made to direct the lifting cradle.
4. The Lifter works best, if there is a 2-3mm spacing between the metal plate and the mag lifter bottom surface:
Please look at the video and post views-
My Partner and I have retrofitted a 3DR's IRIS with a designed cradle for the lifter. It has worked fine with the Pixhawk Controller, 8 Channel PPM Encoder, and 8 Channel Tx/Rx. Here is a link to the lifter-
Currently, it engages the payload with a manual On Switch located on the PCB, and disengages the load with an assigned switch on the Radio.
I believe that Mag Lifter is designed and programmed to use more than 8 Channel TX/RX to enjoy its full potential. We would like to lift-
1. Cargo Load by the Radio
2. Release the Load by the Radio
3. Off course, the lift/drop will be FPV/GPS assisted
In order to do this, we would like to use Walkera DEVO 12S with RX1201.I would like to entertain input to the following:
1. 12 Channel Encoder- where and how to get it?
2. Also, add a redundant positive grip to the lifted load on top of the magnet using mechanical means
Note 1: This simulation should be only conducted with safety and due diligence.
Note 2: I will post the details of the Carbon Fiber Kits as soon as the drawings are complete.