Today marks one year from the first public release of DroidPlanner (on March 20, 2013), so I thought would be nice to share some statistics.
The image above shows the number of active devices on which the application is currently installed.
And this is the distribution of installs by country:
The newer release, with big redesign of the User Interface, has also been well received. Here are stat's from yesterday:
But the main statistic for me is the number of people that have contributed to the code, which is now at 26 contributors ( about six are active currently).
The first time the project was posted for the public is here, at middle January 2013 (development started about a month earlier). And the first TODO list is in progress:
- Develop a GCS for android devices, mainly to setup missions before flights. - DONE
- And to analyze logs on the field afterward flights. - We have logs, but no analysis yet
- Increase the App to add in flight telemetry. - DONE
- And PID adjustment controls. - Partially, but we have a dedicated PID screen in the works.
- Keep supporting the system. - That's up and running
- Make this easy to use and functional, so that you won't need to turn on a computer to fly. - DONE
Thanks for everyone that made this possible.
And just as a reminder: