I want to share my latest project, Skywalker X8 Tiltrotor. It uses Arduplane 3.8.2 firmware. Tilting mechanism and integration parts were printed with a 3D printer. I made some transition tests a few weeks ago.
I made its maiden flight one year ago.
My current configuration:
Frame Kit: Skywalker X8
Vtol Conversion Parts: Custom 3D printed
Motor: Rctimer x5(400kV), 4 pieces
Speed Controller: Hobbywing 40A
Battery: Gens Ace 6s5100x2
BEC: Hobbywing 10A (Max 20A)
Flight Controller: Pixhawk,GPS recevier, Airspeed sensor
Tilt Servos: Savox SC-0251MG, 4 pieces
Wing (Elevon) Servos: Turnigy TGY-S712G, 2 pieces
Takeoff Weight: Approx. 5kg
As a result, I made a third flight last week and I had a crash (Youtube video is on the way) After I check the log files and my configuration I will repair my plane and continue flights to perform full forward flight transition.
You can check my blog at www.ersingonul.com for project details.