SOUTH OF ENGLAND 'DRONE ZONE' MEET
We would like to invite anyone interested in amateur unmanned systems to
a get together in Ashtead, Surrey on the 12th June 2011. This will be
an entirely informal event which will give people the opportunity to
meet fellow enthusiasts, see the systems they are using and, if the
weather is suitable, to have a bit of a fly. In particular, we are
hoping to get interest from the 'Ardu' community (i.e. ArduPilot,
ArduCopter, etc.) although anyone with an interest in unmanned vehicles
will be welcome.
Details are as follows:
- Location: Ashtead, Surrey, near junction 9 on the M25. Exact details
will be sent to you when you register. (We are only asking people to
register because we may need to manage numbers.) The venue is within
walking distance of Ashtead Station.
- Parking: Private and street parking is available.
- Date: 12th June 2011, 11am to 4pm
- Cost: Free
- Registration: Please make a post below to show your interest and notify Martin from www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to come so that we can get an idea of numbers.
- Equipment: We are hoping you will bring as much of your unmanned
equipment as you can. It will be much more interesting if everyone who
has an unmanned system can bring it along to show people and talk about
- Vendors: Depending on expected numbers we are hoping to have one or
two vendors at the event selling unmanned parts/kits/etc. We will let
you know more about this later.
- Catering: Soft drinks and sandwiches will be available. There will be
a nominal charge for these but only to cover costs (there is no
intention to make money from this event). Please feel free to bring
your own food and drinks if you like (no alcohol please).
- Facilities: We will provide tables for you to display your gear and
there is mains electricity for charging, computers, etc.
- Flying: People with a BMFA license will be allowed to fly although
because we don't know how many people to expect we will be holding the
event at a location which is suitable for small rotary craft only (i.e.
Quads & 450-sized helis). However, if the event is a success we will
consider subsequent events with a larger venue and enough room to cater
for fixed wing aircraft too.
We look forward to meeting you :)
Nigel & Martin
UK Local Flyers Group: