* Pro is only on request and customizable , the PRO IMU could be also based on Maxim , Analog Device and ST mems. * The two expansion bus support indipendent i2c , spi and some some specific I/O for manage multiple chipset. On expansion bus it's available also wifi module with specific nuttx driver. Ask for more info.
As request from some user i try to do a matrix comparison chart , if there are some error on Pixhawk help me to correct please :)
After the VR micro Brain 5 here finally get the VR Brain 5.
Sorry for the long wait but we had to work a lot on the operating system, new driver and all the infrastructure to support the mission planner firmware repository.
Today the board is available on the store.
Here are the first pictures of the oem version, I prefer to show you the board without enclosure because it's a jewel of technology :)
It will initially be available in the basic version. Only for more experienced users that join our advanced dev program will be available version that supports up to 3 SPI IMU with (Acc , Gyro , Magnetometer and barometer ) . In advanced configuration the board support until 2 VR Multiconstellation GPS Ublox 8
Provides CAN Bus with driver on board, SD Card, and realtime operating system NuttX RTOS operating sysyem.
Full tech specification :
- ARM CortexM4F microcontroller with DSP and FPU.
- 1024KiB di flash , 192KiB of RAM.
- 1 SD Card Slot support until 64 gigabyte.
- Jtag support for onboard realtime debugging.
- IMU Sensor:
- mems accelerometer and gyroscope (different option , available pro certify ,too )
- barometer with 10 cm resolution.
- 2 SPI expansion BUS for optional IMU
- 1 sonar input.
- 6 RC INPUT standard PPM.
- 1 PPMSUM
- 1 ARM Switch
- 1 SBUS input compatible with Futaba and FRKSY technology.
- 8 RC output ( 60 - 490 hz ) , 4 optional RC output ( in SBUS mode)
- Expansion BUS
- 1 CAN BUS .
- 2 serial port for interface VR GPS Ublox 8
- 1 i2c bus for magnetometer connection.
- Additional IN - OUT
- 3 Output Switch digitali (ULN2003) 2 LED 1 BUZZER.
- 1 input for voltage control.
- 1 input for current control.
- Dimension 6x4.
- Available plastic and aluminium case as option.
IDE and development kit .
- Eclipse IDE.
- Arm GCC Toolchain.
- Support real time debug .
For this platform are available many libraries developed by the community Virtualrobotix and Diydrones.
Native support of the operating system Nuttx rev 6.20 to 7.30.
Bootloading and Automatic Update standard and custom firmware.
Repository Server with native support Mission Planner 32 and 64 bit.
The supported UAV firmware are : APM Copter, Plane and Rover
Our dev team support and improve VRBrain NuttX operating systems and AP_HAL_VRBRAIN . The Hardware Abstraction Layer for integration with APM firwmare enviroment.
The mini site is available at :
For more info send a mail to : email@example.com
The link where you can buy the board and find more info is this:
For this product is available a professional customer support program. University and Research Lab use VRBrain 5 in advanced research project. Join to our pro dev team today :) Some company that want certify their drone ask the support to our dev team for support during the qualification test .
For more info send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org