Ning 3.0 is going to revolutionize the way we all use DiyDrones.com with all the new features (New Chat Room Feature!!!!) and the updated features that Ning 2.0 currently offers. Below is a list of things that Ning 3.0 is going to bring to the DiyDrones.com Table!:
- A redesigned Chat feature that won't cause any website lag and we can finally have the Chat Room feature on the front page like everyone wants!
- A redesigned Blog feature
- Much greater page and layout flexibility, including the ability to create multiple instances of each feature
- Granular controls for privacy, contributors and moderation for each page and instance of a feature
- A simpler, yet more powerful Design Studio
- An updated, logical 960pixel 16 column HTML grid for expert designers
- A more contemporary, clean look to all features
- Responsive design so your content and navigation automatically adjust to smartphones and tablets
- A new, simpler way to pull in a YouTube or Vimeo channel
Groups (now available)
The Groups feature has been completely redesigned for Ning 3.0. Think: all the power and flexibility of a Ning Network within your main network. You can add multiple instances of each feature including Blog, Forum, Photos, and Custom Pages to your Groups. You can move content from the Group Forum to the main network Forum and vice versa. Members can be automatically signed-up for a Group based on profile questions, and we've done away with the concept of Group Ownership to allow for greater management and control by Network Creators.
Threaded Comments (now available)
We've added a nine-level threaded commenting system (like the one used here on Creators) and a two-level threaded commenting system. In total, you have three native commenting systems to choose from. Read the announcement.
This toolset will make it possible for Ning 2.0 Networks to import members and content over to Ning 3.0. Details on the upgrade process can be found here.
The messaging feature will allow you to send and receive messages through the network. New to Messaging in Ning 3.0 will be the option for the Network Creator to select whether the ability to send a private message is available between any community member or just friends.
Search your discussions and blog posts by title, keyword or content. Search members by name or profile questions.
APIs with read/write/edit functions for all Ning features. Member creation will be possible via an API with read/write functionality.
The Chat feature encourages for real-time conversation on your network. It's a fun and easy way for members to participate in your community.
Ning 3.0 Features Still to Come:
Events, video feature for embeds, Language Editor, updated activity feeds, and more.